Simple and delicious.
- 1 medium orange
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup tiny bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 medium apples, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Finely shred enough orange peel to make 1/2 teaspoon; set aside. Remove the remaining peel from orange and section orange over a bowl to catch juice. Measure 2 tablespoons of the juice. Set the sections aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together orange peel, the 2 tablespoons juice, the yogurt, sugar, and salt. Mix well. Add cooked pasta, chopped apples, and sliced green onions; toss to coat. Gently stir in orange sections.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
Makes 6 servings.
YIELD: 6 servings
CALORIES: 65 / FAT: 0 g / CARBS: 18 g / PROTEIN: 1 g