Dr Ozs salad dressing is so simple to make and so delicious, youll never buy bottled dressing again! I promise.
Okay, so heres the deal I have eaten more fat free salad dressings than I could possibly count many of them quite terrible, but some really good (the ones youll find on A Healthy Kitchen).
Until quite recently, I have treated fat like my enemy, but this girl is trying to learn some new tricks for optimal health.
One thing I learned a long time ago is that bottled fat free salad dressings are filled with lots of yucko, unpronounceable stuff, including high fructose corn syrup. Apparently thats what they use to stabilize the dressing and prolong the shelf life without adding fat. Yuck! So I started making my own and theyre actually quite tasty
Dr Oz Touts Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Ive been watching Dr Oz, and I can tell you this Dr Oz is a BIG TIME proponent of having some extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) in your diet daily. In fact, Dr Oz recommends 1 to 2 tablespoons of EVOO daily as being optimal for your heart and overall health.
Kind of a scary thought to this fat-phobic cook, but Ive decided to give it a try and because EVOO is best for you when its not cooked, I decided to use it in my salad dressing. If I continue to lose weight while eating this way, Dr Ozs recipe will stay here. If this recipe disappears, that means that as much as I love Dr Oz, I dont find even healthy fats beneficial advice to my weight loss results. (Update I love, love, love Dr Ozs Creamy Balsamic Salad Dressing and Im now a believer in the importance of healthy fats in your diet! Thanks Dr Oz youve made my healthy diet more enjoyable!!!)
Anyway, heres Dr. Ozs Balsamic Salad Dressing Recipe.
INGREDIENTS FOR DR OZS CREAMY BALSAMIC SALAD DRESSING
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced (I love garlic, but I must not love it as much as Dr Oz does because I found this wayyyy over-powering. I kept reducing the amount until I was just using 1/4 of a clove and its still very garlicky so Ill probably leave it out next time. Its kind of tasty with 1/4 cube, but I cant really taste the balsamic with so much garlic.)
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional)
DR. OZS CREAMY BALSAMIC SALAD DRESSING DIRECTIONS
- Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic and soy sauce; mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
MY DIRECTIONS FOR CREAMY DRESSING
- If you have a Magic Bullet (small blender), combine all ingredients and blend well. Since my Magic Bullet will grind peppercorns, I use 3 or 4 peppercorns in place of the ground pepper and blend it with the rest of the ingredients.
- If you blend it really well, it will not only be thick and creamy, it will hold its creaminess in the fridge (if you have leftovers or make a larger batch).
This only takes a couple of minutes to make and its restaurant quality delicious!
Peace, Love and Delicious Dr Oz DressingsBalsamic Salad Dressing > creamy > Dr. Oz > extra virgin olive oil > healthy > healthy fats > healthy lifestyle > lose weight > Recipe > Recipes > Vegetarian