This is a quick and easy baked cod recipe from the Mayo Clinic. From start to finish it only takes 15 minutes (including prep and baking!). Its fresh and clean tasting, low in fat and calories and great for you! How can you go wrong!
I often serve this on a salad for lunch, but its also great alongside your favorite veggie and starch. Its a no-brainer and it never misses.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 filet)
Calories: 98 (9% of calories from fat) ♥ Fat: 1 g
- 4 cod fillets, each 4 ounces
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
Note: Old Bay seasoning is a combination of herbs and spices — such as celery salt, mustard, red pepper, cloves, ginger and paprika — often used to enhance fish and shellfish. If you cant find this particular blend in your supermarket, try any seasoning blend designated for seafood.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly coat 4 squares of aluminum foil with cooking spray.
- Place a cod fillet on each piece of aluminum foil. Squeeze a lemon wedge over each fillet, and sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning.
- Wrap the aluminum foil around the fish. Place in the oven and bake until the fish is opaque throughout when tested with the tip of a knife, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
This recipe was shared with Organizing Junkie