I dont know about you, but sometimes I just like my meal quick and easy, and of course, its got to have lots of flavor! When food is packed with flavor, I find Im less inclined to overeat. Something about being completely satisfied that makes me willing to push away from the table. This is an awesome quick and easy, 20 minute weeknight meal thats low on fat and high on flavor!
Escape to the islands with this sweet and spicy 5-ingredient paste for chicken.
Makes 4 servings.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Allspice, Ground
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- Mix Caribbean Seasoning, onion powder, thyme, allspice and orange juice in small bowl to make a spice paste.
- Rub spice paste on both sides of chicken.
- Broil or grill over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through.
Fat: 3 g (18% calories from fat)
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Cholesterol: 73 mg
Sodium: 274 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 27 g
Do you have a favorite low fat, island inspired recipe?
Tags: barbecue > BBQ > chicken > healthy > Jamaican Jerk Chicken > jerk chicken > lose weight > Low Fat > lowfat > quick > Recipe