Dont go crazy with these because the serving size is only one melba round with 1 1/2 teaspoons cheddar spread. They do pack 40% fat, so theyre what I consider a special occasion food. I promise you, this doesnt sit in my fridge on a daily basis just waiting to tempt me because over the course of a few days, I could easily eat the whole thing its that yummo! I only prepare this when friends are coming over. You can enjoy it too dont get me wrong just dont eat mindlessly only eat a few.
Having said all that, this spread is much better for you than most kick-off foods youll find at a typical party and some days are just about cutting loose a little
Yield: 2 cups (1 1/2 teaspoon spread & 1 melba round equals one serving)
Calories: 36 (40% fat) ♥ Fat: 1.6 g ♥ WW Points: 1 pt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed and drained
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) finely shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon diced pimiento, drained
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 32 melba rounds
- Cook onion in a nonstick skillet lightly coated with cooking spray over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 3 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and cool.
- Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise in a small bowl; stir in onion, corn, and next 4 ingredients. Cover and chill.
- Serve with melba rounds.